Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Arrival/First Week

Welcome to my blog about my adventures teaching and traveling in Ecuador. I have been a little slow starting this but I hope that I can keep up with it on a regular basis. Please feel free to follow me as much or as little as you would like. Also, if you want to add comments or ask me any question please feel free.

 I arrived in Quito on January 2, 2013 around 11:00 pm. What a way to start the new year! Someone from the school picked me up and took me to my current living location, the apartment of my wonderfully generous friends Sean and Maria. I have been apartment searching with the same woman who picked me up from the airport but I am being slightly picky. There is a small one bedroom apartment that I really like but it wont be available for another 10 days (maybe more in ecuadorian time). There is also a possibility I could live with a couple of women. I am waiting for a little longer just to make sure I make the best choice for me. I now have a little pre paid ecuadorian phone for local calls. Sean help me set it up. I don't know where I would be without both Sean and Maria. They have been such great help and so welcoming. I started working the following day after I arrived in Quito. Everyone seemed shocked but I didn't know what I was going to do just sitting around someone else's apartment. I have started cleaning out all of the former teacher's things because she left them and is apparently not going to clean it out herself. There are 19 students in the 3rd grade and I only have half for math and half for science at a time. The other third grade teacher is amazing!. She is originally from Columbia but lived in the U.S. for many years. She has been such a help and we have great chemistry. We are currently team teaching in math. That is about all I have been doing since my arrival on wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment